01 02 03 Ostriches Look Funny: Following Light 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Following Light

34
Sometimes I am frustrated with the perky, family outing, God-is-so-good-stuff. I mean it's true, God IS good, but is everyone's life perfect?

Um, no. Mine's not...shockingly.

But, from these pictures, it does seem like my life is all sunshine...or at least big smiles...

I think people sometimes don't tell the whole story, whether intentionally or unintentionally. They want to hold to the pretty. We don't want to deal in ugly. Ever. Never.

Darkness is scary, but we are here; surrounded by darkness, guided by light.

Sometimes I forget to look at the light. I stare off into the dark, and think about what's lurking. You know what? When you stop looking at the light, you run into things. You bump into trees and fall into wells. Follow the light people.

I've been looking off in the dark, worrying about shadows, waiting for the sun to rise.

Maybe the sunrise comes later, you know? Maybe now is the time to focus on the blessings and be joyful and thankful, and follow the light that shines in the darkness, follow the one who died on a cross, follow the one who loves me and you and no amount of darkness will overcome Him.


My darkness is not to dark for Him, and neither is yours.


I will write my list. I will be thankful, I will keep my eyes on the light. These lists, these gratitudes...I don't record them because my life is a sunburst. That's why following Him is so important. Isn't light so very precious when it's dark?

"How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O Lord, they walk in the light of Your countenance." Psalm 89:15

Cousins, popsicles, lobsters and steak

tea cups: dogs OR china

Pepsi Throwback: childhood memories in a can

good conversations in the dark night

husbands

a small boy who can say Ma-ma now (and banana, milk, no, uh-oh, night night, hi, and hello)

a clean house

a busy house full of five kids and five million messes

antics

men who kill bugs for me (yay Derrick!)

calculators

grace

typing in the dark, in the quiet, in the alone

reading

second chances

friends who encourage

friends who put up with your bad days

sermons that make you want to cry

being prepared

being unprepared

hope for the dawn

knowing that the day is coming...

# 206-226 of my gratitude list. Click on the icon below to start your own.

holy experience

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38