Clapping Cows


Hey you!



I've accidentally taken a small blogging break. You know what happened? Ancestry.com sucked me into their vortex of census reports. And....today's the day you realize how big of a nerd I am.

Anyway, at this point, I'm stuck in 1872. HELP! Darn America and it's darn habit of not keeping track of people...oh wait, that was back in 1872. I'm sure if anyone wants to find me 100 years from now, the government will have my cell phone records available.

In other political news, I have a two year old who thinks 4 a.m. is a good time for UP!

I'm on my third cup of coffee.

It's not WOOOOORRRRRKING!

I bought Sheldon a bug vest today. It has lots of pockets and a clip for his lantern. He wears it with his fedora (AKA Safari Hat).  Right now he's off searching for butterflies and if I track him down for a photo opportunity he'll probably want a snack or a foot massage or tickets to the Ice Capades, so just pretend.

Tobin is talking a lot now, especially at 4 a.m.

He asks for milk and when I say "no" he says, "Pwease milk? Just a little bit? How about a little bit? Just a little bit of milk. A tiny bit. Tiny. Tiny milk."

He's a born negotiator. Or a born used car salesman.

I'll end with this: Can cows clap?

I said no, but I was overruled by the backseat. Apparently they CAN clap if you sing a really good cowboy song to them.

"But they have to stand on all their feet at once!" I protested.

"Not if they sit down."

"I have never, ever seen a cow sit. Have you?" (I really thought that would drive my point home)

"They could LAY down and clap with their feet."

And you know what? They probably could.








8 comments:

  1. You are going to be so happy that you've recorded all of these crazy, funny, loveable things your boys do!
    My four year old granddaughter has evidently developed a serious case of prejudice. When she met her new preschool teacher she told her mama that she doesn't like her. Her only reason was "because she doesn't have beautiful golden hair like me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on, J, use your imagination. Of course cows clap! Ok, I'm totally kidding. When my kids used to make statements like that, I would say, "Can we please talk about something real now." It was real to them, though, and I guess that's all that counts when you are 2 or 3 or 4.

    As always, I loved your post. I read like 4 in a row here. You always, always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More coffee! Cows can't clap! Don't let them suck you in! Coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a bug vest and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why you're my favorite.

    Clapping cows and tiny milk.
    And being overruled from the back seat.

    Take all the breaks you need.
    1872 isn't going anywhere and neither are we.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still taking a break? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this Hi-larious post? I want to do the DNA thingy where they can tell your ancestry.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...