The World and Blueberry Pancakes




Tuesday is welcomed with blueberry pancakes. I'd prefer to welcome it when it's halfway over and rolling into Wednesday. I dream of spending all morning in my bed, wrapped in blankets with the window open to feel the faint traces of autumn that reign in the a.m.

Instead I'm up, flipping flapjacks and putting brown sugar in my coffee. The carpool has drowned this morning. A friend has a fever and so I will load us all up jarringly, rubbing sleep from eyelashes and arguing over seat belts.

Today I don't mind the morning or the moving. Maybe it's the brown sugar in my coffee, or maybe it's Tuesday, but I live in a world where Darth Vader's head holds lunch and there are Power Ranger Samurai symbols on the pillars of my back porch. A world of red leaves and dewy grass shining so bright in the sunshine that it's like living in a treasure chest. A planet where the leaves die beautifully and no one bothers to bury them because they are glorious when they're dead on the ground. These things combine to make me realize the world is full of magic, and Tuesday's are worth welcoming.

"The world is made out of sugar. It can crumble so easily, but don't be afraid to stick your tongue out and taste it." - Sarah Kay








7 comments:

  1. Just a deeply breathed sigh after reading this. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pep talk. And blueberry pancakes are heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shel would disagree. He refused to eat them!

      Delete
    2. WHAT!!?? Well, maybe when I was his age I might have thought that blueberries in pancakes were mushy, or something. Maybe it's an aquired taste.

      Delete
  3. Seems like just yesterday my only grandson was wearing little CARS rubber boots like your little guy, and blink!, now he's nine! WAAAHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'A planet where the leaves die beautifully and no one bothers to bury them because they are glorious when they're dead on the ground.'...I love this! So absolutely true. Blueberry pancakes are always a good idea, no matter the season : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...