Since it's Friday, I shall reveal something that one doesn't see every day.
TA DA!:
You're confused?
Wondering what that spiky brown blob is, and wondering why I've put it on my precious, intimate, high quality blog?
That my friends, is a picture of two baby itty-bitty hummingbirds nestled up in their nest. Ugly. Amazing. They have hatched!
My mother reports that they basically don't do anything at this point. They are quiet and sleepy, and if it weren't for the one time my mom saw their mommy bird feeding them, she wouldn't have known they were there.
Speaking of, what do baby hummingbirds eat? Sugar water?
Speaking of babies, I took mine to his first session of Physical Therapy today.
He has low muscle tone, which makes him capable of amazing yoga poses, but incapable of pulling up to stand.
At therapy he wore a t-shirt that said, "I get my muscles from my daddy". Tee-hee. Inside jokes are fun no matter what the circumstances.*
We had a super sweet Therapist who was very supportive, because when you have a little one who isn't doing what he's supposed to do, you get stressed out.
I have a gray hair. I'm going to name it Low Muscle Tone.
We don't anticipate hanging out at the Therapy joint for too long. Between now and our next session we are going to focus on gentle bouncing and side tilts, and Mommy is going to try to prevent massive amounts of face-plants, which heretofore I had been allowing in the name of the School of Hard Knocks.
Sheldon was a sweetheart through the whole thing...for about 20 minutes.
Then he looked like this:
My mother was kind enough to babysit Q for me. She took him to Costco where he miraculously stayed INSIDE the cart, and she fed him pizza and lemonade. Later, she drove home, 45 minutes away, with his car seat in her car.
I'm stranded at my house, I have a gray hair, and adorable baby, a pizza filled 2 year old, and I may or may not have eaten a cheeseburger for breakfast.
Maybe this sounds like a bad day. It's actually been a sweet day because I've had lots of one-on-one time with Sheldon, I feel like I'm getting tools to do something productive for him, cheeseburgers are delicious, and when you feed a 2 year old pizza, he's very, very happy.
*His daddy is actually extremely buff and sometimes he looks like the Hulk, and is married to someone who tries to work this picture into her blog as often as possible (hehehehe):