01 02 03 Ostriches Look Funny: Moths and Water Conservation 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Moths and Water Conservation

34 Derrick was out of town for work so last night I stayed up way too late doing weird things like mopping my floor and making sure the bathrooms had spare toilet paper.

Snickers The Worthless Dog was making the most of the manless house by barking regularly at the front door for no good reason. So annoying, because even though the rational side of my mind told me it was a cat or a mosquito that was warranting her hysteria, the irrational side was remembering every scary movie that I've ever seen.

Finally I went to bed and settled down under the sheets, wearing clothes in case there was a fire or a burglary. Safety first.

My pillow felt nice and cool and soft and suddenly I heard a "pink, pink, pink" noise. It was super loud, so I decided it was my shower. My shower doesn't typically leak, because when I was little I saw this video and it freaked me out:

So anyway, now I'm really careful about turning off faucets all the way. I worry about the fish.
Nonetheless, I went to the shower to stop the "pinking" and as I stumbled through the dark, something hard flew into my hair.

A moth.
Was.
In.
My.
Hair.

I batted it out and dove under my covers. The moth had been flying into the wall making the "pinking" sound. All of a sudden the moth was attacking me again, trying to land on my face. I leaped out of bed, turned on the hall light to lure the thing out of my bed. The moth had decided to perch on my pillow so I grabbed it, threw it into the hall, and went back to bed.


When Derrick's gone, things get a little wacky over here.
The End.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38