01 02 03 Ostriches Look Funny: Focus On Cups and Sunrises...Ignore the Pee Pee 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Focus On Cups and Sunrises...Ignore the Pee Pee

34 I woke up this morning and my favorite cup (it has pretty designs INSIDE it!) was clean and ready for some coffee love.
I opened all the windows in the house and Q watched the sunrise and I rejoiced over clouds and cool weather after a few days of 100 degree what-the-end-of-September? heat.

I made ham and eggs. I sat on the back porch and sipped from my beautiful cup and thought about how peaceful and beautiful it was.

Then.
THEN, then, then...
my children drank some Stinker Potion behind my back.

I lost count of time-outs. Sheldon almost successfully ate a Kleenex. Q...well I can't really say what Q did, because it makes me look like a bad parent.

I will say that he managed to dump milk in the living room. On the carpet.

I will say that his ears disappeared. I hope he finds them after nap time, because I'm tired of talking to myself.

I fed them both an early 11 a.m. lunch and put them to bed. Sometimes it's all a mother can do to survive until nap time. Sometimes it's all a mother can do to bump nap time up a few hours.

I settled down to eat my own lunch and maybe, just maybe fall asleep on the couch, when the phone rang.

Have I told you's guys that we are trying to get a house via the Short Sale Process? Well, we are. It's somewhat of a fixer upper.

I was fine with all the fixin' because it seemed like a good deal and everyone assured us that short sales take forever. Good! Let it take forever! In the meantime we'll live in this house with no dryer and a dinging microwave and save our pennies.

Derrick called to tell me The Bank counter-offered our offer. The whole process might just take few more weeks!

He also said, "Don't spend any money" (Derrick, not the Banker).

Because, we need to save our money...to fix up our fixer-upper that we didn't think we'd hear back about until December.

As for spending money? I'm at home. With two children. Two children who have been fighting. Two children who have been crying. What will I spend money on? A tranquilizer gun?

I'm still in my sweat pants.
I haven't brushed my teeth.
I'm thinking of eating cookies for lunch.
It's been a crazy day.

I'm frazzled, tired and excited. Let's start over shall we? This morning was beautiful, and I have my favorite cup...

AHHHHHHH! I was interrupted by someone saying, "I WENT PEE PEE ON MY BED!"

And he did.

I wont let him break me. He is three. Where was I? Oh, this morning was beautiful, and I have my favorite cup AND and I can't think of a thing Quinten could do to make this day any crazier...so I'm going to find a good book and chill.

It's a nice day, after all.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38