01 02 03 Ostriches Look Funny: Mish Mash and Celery Blue 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mish Mash and Celery Blue

34 Although we have a new house, we have not moved yet. We have spent the weekend working and working, from dusk till dawn, from 24 to the 7. We have taken five trips to Home Depot in two days. We have thrown a milkshake on the ground at Home Depot because we weren't allowed to grab light bulbs (SHELDON nooooooo!).

Our workers are exhausted.


The first thing Q said to me this morning was, "Hey you know that tree you didn't like? I cut it down for you. Daddy let me use the sharp sharp tools that could cut my fingers off."

Er. Thanks?

Derrick has cut down four trees, a fence, two vines, a lattice, another fence, replaced six light bulbs, fixed a broken curtain rod holder thingy, and frost sprayed a window.

I spent the weekend picking out paint colors.
The whole weekend.


That was all I did.

I wandered around, staring at walls, turning on lights, staring at walls, turning off lights, staring at walls. I would sometimes ask for a second opinion.

Me: "Derrick, what do you think of this green in here?"

Derrick: "It's blue"

Me: "No. It's green. Trust me. It says celery green on the paint swatch and everything."

Derrick: "It's blue. I'm telling you it's blue"

Me: "Fine. It's blue. What do you think of this celery blue color in here?"

Derrick: "It's up to you. I don't really care. But it looks blue."

I eventually learned to stop asking for second opinions. The house color is on my head, and 48 hours of obsessing later, I am okay with that.

Wow, this is probably the most boring post ever.

I am tired I guess. I have lost all care for quality control. Taco Bell broke me.

You see, we were ordering a nice healthy dinner tonight, at the Taco Bello, and someone under 20 started to scream, "MY BOTTOM ITCHES!! I HAVE A RASH! I HAVE A RASH!" loudly, into the speaker.

"Yes. We'll have have a Nachos Bell Grande with that..."

They got our order wrong. We drove on.

The end.

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38