01 02 03 Ostriches Look Funny: Because I Used to Hide and Cry 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Because I Used to Hide and Cry

34
 When I die, bury me in candy. Maybe not in Crunch bars, but Butterfingers and Milky Ways. Dance at my funeral and comfort my bones with sweet things. Ignore the absence of dental work.




Pay attention while you can, to the vibrant colors that make up the world. The flaming orange of the fall pumpkins. The dull grey of the wooden walk. These are gifts, as are googly eyes and washable paint. Make art from humble gourds in the garden.



 Dance and be colorful. Laugh when Spongebob, Made From Sponges, falls off the Merry-Go-Round. Square people always have a hard time spinning, help them up and start again. Life is short and scary. Make it color. Make it music. We are the joyful ones.



Death is serious business, but so is joy. I wore bunny ears when I showed my children witches. I gave them a hot dog when they met a zombie. Throw a party. Run outside. Hug the dead and the undead you encounter, today and everyday. We are more than conquerors in Christ. 





Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38